Monogram Wreath



Several weeks ago, I blogged about the monogram I was making for my son and daughter-in-law’s new house.  (  Now I’ll share the crapsmanship that ensued as I attempted to put the wreath together.


IMG_2100 IMG_2099

Remember that I was making it in LSU colors with a polka-dot theme?  Though the first picture above looks like it has purple stripes, the color was really more periwinkle.  So the first order of business was to re-do all the stripes to make them purple-er.  I used painters tape to mask the yellow stripes and then re-painted the purple stripes and polka-dots.


I bought some purple polka-dotted burlap ribbon and a bright purple fleur-de-lis.  I made a bow and hot glued the bow, fleur-de-lis, and the monogram to the grapevine wreath.  It’s not the world’s prettiest bow, and the monogram kept popping off the wreath, but I eventually called it finished.

This was my Mothers Day gift to my daughter-in-law.  I hope she loves it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s